WIRES: Spinal and Pelvic Skeletal Intervention (Hands On)
Attendance: Max 30 participants
Time: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm (Lunch will be provided)
With the shifting patient demographics, our IR practice continues to evolve and expand. In particular, we are seeing a growing demand for advance musculoskeletal (MSK) interventions, including tumor ablations and pain palliation. Basic skills in bone access for bone biopsy serves as a solid foundation for interventions, such as vertebral augmentation and tumor ablations.
This workshop will feature case based reviews on advance MSK interventions, followed by hands-on skills session led by the leading experts in the field. The goal of the workshop to is provide tools and tips of the trade in the expanding role of IR in pain palliation and interventional MSK oncology.
More about the workshop
- The didactic portion of the workshop will focus on reviewing relevant tools of the trade in advanced bone interventions and will feature discussion of real-world cases of various complexities.
- The hands-on portion of the workshop will provide participants experience with various state of the art equipment in bone access, vertebral augmentation and infiltration on spine and pelvis phantoms under fluoroscopy and CT.
- The workshop will be conducted by both overseas and local experts in the field of interventional musculoskeletal interventions.
- Kristen Alexa Lee, MD, Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Singapore General Hospital
- Dr. Leong Sum, Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Singapore General Hospital
- Dr. Too Chow Wei, Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Singapore General Hospital
Who Should Attend
- Interventional Radiologists
- Musculoskeletal radiologists interested in MSK interventions
- Radiology trainees
- Clinicians with special interest in pain palliation and minimally invasive management in malignant osseous disease