Interactive MSK MRI Reading and Interpretation Workshop
Date: Thursday, 20 August 2020
Time: 08:30 – 16:30pm
The Interactive MSK MRI reading and interpretation workshop will expose the participants to different MRI techniques and sequences for each joint. A spectrum of cases with varying pathologies will be available to each participant, and the review and analysis of each of these cases will led by an experienced musculoskeletal radiologist. Tips for interpretation and appropriate reporting terminology for these cases will be shared. There will also be adequate time and opportunities for questions and discussion.
It is expected that general radiologists reading MSK MRI cases, musculoskeletal radiologists and fellows, and senior residents will benefit the most from this course. We anticipate that this Interactive MSK MRI workshop will further enhance the interpretative and reporting skills for each participant, for it is by doing, that you learn.
More about the Workshop:
- Four joints in both the upper and lower limbs will be evaluated (shoulder and wrist in the upper limb, and knee and ankle in the lower limb).
- The appearances and normal anatomy for each joint will be reviewed, to allow participants to appreciate the differences between the normal and pathological features.
- A spectrum of cases for each joint will be discussed, ranging from cases with typical injury patterns to complex cases involving multiple structures in each joint.
- The reading and interpretation of each joint will be led by an experienced MSK radiologist, with additional pointers on phrasing and emphasis to be used in reporting.
- Dr Robert Campbell (Royal Liverpool University Hospital, UK)
- Dr Andrew Grainger (Cambridge University Hospitals, UK)
- Dr Philip Robinson (Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK)
- Dr Tham Seng Choe (Mount Elizabeth Hospital (Novena), Singapore)
- Dr Ian Tsou (Mount Elizabeth Hospital (Orchard), Singapore)
Who Should Attend:
- General Radiologists
- Radiologists with interest in musculoskeletal imaging
- Radiology Fellow, Residents & Trainees