Interactive MSK MRI Reading and Interpretation Workshop
Date: Wednesday, 11 August 2021
Time: 08:00 – 15:30 GMT +8 / 00:00 – 07:30 GMT
Limit Space: 50
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
The rapid shift of learning to the online space due to travel and movement restrictions in the current pandemic situation has also impacted and impeded the quality and effectiveness of radiology training. In the attempt to re-create the learning experience in the reporting room, where there is real-time viewing of unknown imaging cases and active guidance in assessing abnormalities and pathology, this workshop is designed to meet such learning needs of participants.
The Interactive MSK MRI Reading and Interpretation workshop will expose participants to different MRI techniques and sequences for each joint. A spectrum of cases with varying pathologies will be available to each participant to review at their own pace. The analysis and interpretation of these cases will be led by an experienced musculoskeletal radiologist.
It is expected that general radiologists reading MSK MRI cases, musculoskeletal radiologists and fellows, radiology trainees and senior residents, will benefit most from this course. We anticipate that this Interactive MSK MRI workshop will further enhance each participant’s interpretative and reporting skills, for it is by doing that you learn.
More about the workshop:
- Three joints in both the upper and lower limbs will be evaluated (shoulder, knee and ankle), which are the most commonly encountered in MR imaging.
- The appearances and normal anatomy for each joint will be reviewed to allow participants to appreciate the differences between standard and pathological features.
- A spectrum of cases for each joint will be discussed, ranging from cases with typical injury patterns to complex ones involving multiple structures in each joint.
- The reading and interpretation of each joint will be led by an experienced MSK radiologist, with additional pointers on phrasing and emphasis to be used in reporting.
- Dr Ian Tsou – Consultant, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, Singapore
- Dr Tham Seng Choe – Consultant, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, Singapore
Who Should Attend:
- General Radiologists
- Radiologists with interest in Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Radiology Fellows, Residents and Trainees