WIRES Workshop: Cryoablation
Date: Wednesday, 11 August 2021
Time: 08:30 – 10:45 GMT +8 / 00:30 – 02:30 GMT
Limit Space: No Limit
With the growing demand for ablation, cryoablation continues to evolve and expand with its advantages of superior visualisation and precision of ablation margins. Understanding the basic principles of cryoablation serves as a solid foundation for patient selection and successful cryoablation interventions.
This workshop will feature case-based reviews on basic and advanced cryoablation interventions, followed by discussions with leading experts in the field. The workshop’s goal is to provide tools and tips of the trade in the expanding role of IR in cryoablation interventions.
More about the workshop
The didactic portion of the workshop will focus on reviewing the basic principles of cryoablation and its advantages over other thermal ablation techniques.
The relevant tools of the trade-in advanced cryoablation interventions will feature discussion of real-world cases of lung, kidney and musculoskeletal tumours of various complexities. The workshop will be conducted by both overseas and local experts in cryoablation.
- Dr Peter Goh – Group Medical Director Radiology, Parkway Radiology, Singapore
- Prof Alda Tam – Professor Interventional Radiology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
- Assoc Prof Pua Uei – Senior Consultant, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
- Assoc Prof Khashayar Farsad – Associate Professor of Interventional Radiology, Oregan Health & Science University, USA
- Dr Rameysh Danovani Mahmood – Medical Director, Specialist Women’s Imaging, Singapore
- Dr Too Chow Wei – Senior Consultant, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
- Dr Leong Sum – Senior Consultant, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Who Should Attend:
- Interventional Radiologists with a special interest in Cryoablation
- Radiology Fellows
- Radiology Trainees
- Clinicians with a special interest in Cryoablation